10. juni 2006

Wonderful weekend

Last weekend Erik Morgan came for a visit. We did not have too many plans but for sure we wanted to do some flying. Saturday we went to the other side of the Fjord to visit Rolle Rolf and Moellis and fly on their local "Austre Bokn" slope. This hill is not so big but it produces super lift and even when the wind is cornering we timed sub 40 runs again and again with only 10-12 m/s. But the main thing with this slope is the surroundings with the sea and all the islands near by. It is just beautiful! This feeling when you get there is worth the trip alone and I feel privileged to get out in the nature like this. The picture on the left is taken in 2003 and as you may have spotted, it was windstill :-) Erik flew his Crossfire and for sure impressed both me, Rolle and Moellis with his smooth style which he quickly adapted into the Nordic turns just by watching us prior to his flying.
Next day we went to my local Hodne slope and Erik did the same, he watched me work the slope and went out to copy my style and did so in an impressively way. And he have even this year changed his flying mode from 4 to 2 because of a radio change.
I am looking forward to see him fly in the Norwegian Championship in a couple of months. I think he might do well there.
Next day I finally got to test my new RaceM F3F on the winch. Ooops, I forgot my transmitter home but Erik quickly dialed in my model on his MX22 radio. So I got startflap and crowbrakes in a setting I think he would have liked. This was OK for me and up on the line it went. I must say it started pretty good and now I almost feel prepared for the first F3B contest this year.

Ingen kommentarer: